Program Overview :
This course brings forth the various facets of counseling and psychotherapies and is suited for both students as well as professionals. The participants will gain insight into counseling, therapy in both clinical and non-clinical setups, family and group therapy, crisis intervention, therapy with parents and children, and much more. The participant will be exposed to a plethora of knowledge, and will also learn its practical applications via role plays and MSE and case history taking.
*Remaining Fee to be paid after paying the admission fee is INR 16000.
Program Details :
Additional Accreditation & Recognition :-
- Bachelors Students from a psychology background (Completed or Pursuing)
- Masters students from a psychology background (Completed or Pursuing)
- Professionals working in psychology, social science & mental health backgrounds.
Study Material :
Hardcopy Material will be dispatched within 1 working day once you register.
Syllabus For Program:
Module 1 – Counselling– (Theory)
- Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counseling
- Objectives, Models of counseling
- Schools of Psychotherapy
- Ethics of Counseling and therapy sessions
- Objectives of interviews
- Interviewing techniques
- Types of interview
- Characteristics of structured and unstructured interview
- Interviewing skills.
- Case History and Mental Status Examination
Module 2 – Therapy in non-clinical setup (Theory)
- Crisis Intervention
- Definition of Crisis
- Phases of Crisis
- Stages of crisis work, Applications
- Group Therapy
- Theoretical models
- Types of groups
- Stages of group therapy
- Process issues including the role of the therapist
- Applications of group therapy.
- Family Counseling/Therapy
- Models for the Assessment of Families
- Common family problems and their intervention
- Goals and Methods of family intervention
- Ethical issues in family counseling and therapy.
- Therapy with children and Parents
- School Counseling
- Parent and Family Counseling
- Narrative Therapy
Module 3 – Therapy in clinical setup
- Behavior Modification and Therapy
- Behavioral assessment
- Analysis and formulations
- Relaxation techniques
- Social skills training
- Operant procedures
- Cognitive Therapies
- Introduction to the Cognitive Model
- Basic principles and assumptions
- Techniques based on Cognitive restricting and therapies.
- Therapy with children and special conditions
- Interventions for Internalizing and Externalizing Disorders
- Trauma and abuse
Key Learnings of the Program :
- Understanding how the way a person thinks and behaves affects their interaction with the interpersonal setting
- Understanding the field of counseling and psychotherapies and enhancement of professional skills to apply to various populations in a variety of settings
- Students will develop skills to help people manage stresses, understand the patterns in which their behavior is interfering with functionality, have more satisfying relationships, and modulate their thinking and emotional responses to stressful situations.
There are no reviews yet.