Immerse yourself in the transformative world of Family Therapy with our expert-crafted certificate program. Designed to offer a comprehensive understanding of Family and Couple Therapy, this program prioritizes practical knowledge through targeted role plays, ensuring a seamless comprehension of complex concepts. Tailored for maximum practical and training exposure, participants engage in hands-on projects and assignments, collaborating closely with seasoned experts. This interactive learning experience extends beyond the theoretical, providing a holistic understanding of Family Therapy. As you progress through the program, you will actively work alongside experts, participating in different assessments that not only monitor your progress but also guide you at every crucial step. This certificate program is not just about education; it’s a dynamic journey that equips you with the practical skills needed for a successful career in Family Therapy.
Module I: History of Family and Couple Therapy:
What is family
Stages of family
History of family therapy
Process of family therapy (Newly Added)
Issues faced (Newly Added)
- This module will lay down the historical context in which family and couple therapy originated in the west and in India. The contents covered in this module will enable the practitioner to appreciate the history of the family and couple therapy movement and the contributions of leading theorists. It will trace the journey of the field of family and couple therapy from its initial focus on problems and deficits to newer approaches that offer a strengths-based perspective and a contextual understanding of couple and family problems. The module will also help the participants develop a critical lens of looking at mainstream theories by introducing the larger socio-cultural context in which couple and family systems are situated.
Module II: Family Relationships and Therapy
- This module focuses on some of the important schools of family therapy and the theoretical concepts offered by each of these schools. The module will introduce the participants to various issues and difficulties for which families seek therapy. It will equip the participants to understand how each of these schools conceptualizes family problems, assesses them, and finally intervenes. Participants will learn unique skills in assessing family systems, forming a hypothesis, and choosing from a wide range of intervention strategies proposed by each of these schools.
- Both the modules on couple and family relationships and therapy will also expose participants to the identification of family strengths and resilience and to ways of promoting the same.
Module III: Couple Relationships and Therapy
Post-marriage therapy (Newly Added)
Counseling sessions for nonmarried couples (Newly Added)
The module begins with acquainting the participants with key research in the area of couple relationships and therapy. Marriage is one of the many forms of couple relationships. The module will sensitize the participants to different forms that a couple of relationships can assume and key-related issues for which couples often seek therapy. It then will move on to cover various evidence-based theories of understanding couple relationships. The focus will be on understating different aspects of couple relationships such as intimacy, communication, conflict resolution, sexuality, division of labor, gender roles, etc. It will then introduce different ways of assessing and conceptualizing difficulties faced by the couples and of intervening with the same. This is essentially done by borrowing from some of the major evidence-based schools and theories of couple counseling.
- Domestic violence is a reality for many Indian women. The module will help the participants in understanding, assess and intervene with incidents of abuse and violence during the process of couple and family counseling.
- Therapies used in family counseling
Practical and role-play
- Bachelor Students:
Open to students currently pursuing or those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
- Masters Students:
Available for students currently pursuing or those who have completed a Master’s degree in Psychology.
Welcoming professionals actively working in fields related to counseling, psychology, and mental health.
- Live Class Recordings:
- Revisit the excitement of live class recordings at any time during the entire course duration.
- Exclusive Access to Course Materials:
- Immerse yourself in a comprehensive knowledge journey with exclusive access to course materials throughout the entire duration.
- Lifetime Access to Supervision Community:
- Become a part of a lifelong community of experts.
- Receive perpetual guidance through Lifetime Access to our Supervision Community.
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR) Opportunity:
- Elevate your achievements by requesting a personalized Letter of Recommendation upon successful course completion.
- Hardcopy Certificate:
- Receive a tangible representation of your accomplishments with a hardcopy certificate.
- Optional Transcript:
- Choose to opt for a transcript as a supplementary document (optional).
- Practitioner Certificate for Qualified Students:
- Exclusive for practitioner-level and MA-qualified students, earn a specialized certification.
- Vibrant Virtual Classroom:
- Engage in live classes using the dynamic Google Meet and Classroom platform, creating an interactive and collaborative learning environment.
- Fully Digital Learning Experience:
- Immerse yourself in a comprehensive online course, allowing you to access knowledge from anywhere, anytime.
- Earn Credits for Your Efforts:
- Achieve academic recognition with credits awarded upon successful completion of the program.
- Internationally Accredited:
- Gain confidence in your education with an internationally accredited course, validating the quality and global recognition of your learning journey.
- Expertly Crafted Materials:
- Dive into learning materials meticulously designed by experts, ensuring a captivating and insightful educational experience.
- Interactive Learning Approach:
- Experience education beyond the textbook through interaction-based learning, making concepts come alive.
- Real-world Applications with Case Studies:
- Explore practical scenarios and enhance your problem-solving skills with engaging case studies.
- Guidance from Expert Trainers:
- Receive dedicated support and guidance from expert trainers throughout your educational journey.
Program Key Takeaways:
- Family Counseling Sessions:
Developing skills to effectively handle family counseling sessions, including managing dynamics, facilitating communication, and addressing familial issues.
- Relationship and Marriage Counseling:
Gaining expertise in handling cases related to relationship and marriage counseling, focusing on communication, conflict resolution, and strengthening emotional bonds.
- Application of Family Therapy:
Understanding and applying family therapy techniques to address systemic issues within the family unit, fostering healthier relationships.
- Application of Couple Therapy:
Utilizing couple therapy approaches to address challenges specific to intimate relationships, promoting understanding, empathy, and constructive problem-solving.