Program Overview :
This course bestows an opportunity for the applicants to learn about the field of Forensic Psychology. Forensic Psychology is a vast stream that includes several facets associated with criminal conduct and inculcates a myriad of services ranging from Criminal Profiling to Rehabilitation. This diploma course aims at equipping an individual with acumen in Forensic Science and Criminal Investigations, and the significance of. This course is handpicked for students as well as professionals working in the field of psychology and mental health.
*Remaining Fee to be paid after paying the admission fee is INR 16000.
Program Details :
Additional Accreditation & Recognition :-
Study Material :
Hardcopy Material will be dispatched within 15-20 working days once you register.
Syllabus of the Program:
Paper 1: Introduction to Forensics
- Forensic Science and its branches, Definition of Crime
- Evidence and its types, Role of Forensics in Criminal Investigation
- Process of Criminal Investigation
- Definition of Forensic Psychology,
- Chain of Custody in Psychological Investigation
- Roles of a Forensic Psychologist
- Legal Aspects of Forensic Psychology
Paper 2: Theories of Criminal Behavior
- Module 1: Demonological Theory of Crime Classical Theory of Crime, Biological Theory of Crime, Cultural Transmission Theory; Rational Choice Theory
- Module 2: Labeling Theory, Social Learning Theories, Twin and Adoption Studies
Paper 3: Significance of Neuroanatomy and Electrophysiology in Forensic Psychology
- Neuron – Structure and Function, Types
- Brain Lobes and their functions
- Anatomical defects and deviant behavior
- Brain waves and Brain Oscillations – Delta, theta, alpha, beta, gamma –
- Introduction to EEG, ERP (P300, MERMER)
- Neuroimaging Techniques and their significance
Paper 4: Detection of Deception: Investigative Tools and Techniques
- Understanding Psychological Investigation
- Chain of Custody in Psychological Evidence
- Forensic Interview, Interrogation, and Mental Status Examination
- Baseline Tests
- Forensic Investigative Techniques
Key Learnings of the Program :
- Significance of Forensic Science in Criminal Investigation
- Legal knowledge is required for Forensic Psychologists.
- Investigation protocols.
- Psychological Assessments.
- Forensic Psychological Techniques