Counselling Psychology encompasses the interaction a mental health professional has with their client which mainly incorporates the application of specialized therapies, listening skills, empathic responding as well as observational prowess.
Mode of Internship?
Online we use Google meet and various educational platforms
30 days (1 month)
What are the batch timings?
Classes will be on Monday to Friday
Classes will be from 5 or 6 p.m onwards. (As the batch is allocated to you)
What is the program about?
This course aims at providing you with superfluous understanding of skills used in a counselling set up and their application via role-plays. You will learn how to decipher messages the client sends you through non-verbal behaviours. You will also experience what it’s like to be in the counsellor’s chair as well as in the client’s mindset.
Who can join?
(Students pursuing graduation are also eligible)
I am pursuing psychology, can I attend this course?
Yes, you can attend the course. You will gain an in-depth understanding of Counselling Psychology and its in-clinic application which will enable you to explore new heights in your journey.
What’s the format of the program?
- Live lectures by a practicing Counselling Psychologist.
- 5 Lectures per week,
- Unlimited Access to Lecture Recording for 1 Month.
- 1 Month Access to Course Materials.
- Assessments, Quizzes, Tasks & Case Discussions.
- Time Dedication – 4 hours (flexible)
- Research Work – 10 Hours
- Attendance – 60% Mandatory.
- Leaves are permitted, we value Self-Care!
What will you be learning?
- Basic & Advanced Understanding of Core Counselling Concepts.
- Integration of Theory in Professional Practice.
- Finer Skills of an Effective Counsellor.
- Experiential Learning of Salient Counselling Concepts.
- Correct Knowledge of Ethical Principles in Counselling.
- Comprehensive Understanding of Human Behaviour.
- Deep Knowledge of Behavioural Disorders.
- Synthesize Learning Experience through Assignments and Role Plays.
Modules of the Curriculum
- Usage and Types of Counselling and Different Perspectives on Counselling.
- Skill of Counsellors.
- Case Formulation, Case Histories, MSE.
- Use of cognitive therapy , art based therapy and play therapy in different setups
- Understanding Neurotic Disorders – Depression, Personality Disorder, Eating Disorder, Behavioural Disorders, Learning Disorders.
- Counselling of cases related to Body Image, Motivation Level, Family Issues and Relationship Counselling
- Short term counselling (EFT, SFT).`
- Assessment in Counselling Setup (Non Diagnostic) – Personality, Career Assessment , Stress, ADHD Checklist , Learning Disabilities.
- Case Discussion
- Ethics and Laws in Counselling.
How much time we need to dedicate?
4 hours a day. We will be sending you the daily schedule or task to work upon.
Yes you will be getting E-certificate of internship completion along with performance letter for the same.
Overview of Internship Program
|Seats available||24-25 Nos|
|As per university guidelines:||Yes|
|Class timings:||6pm onwards|
|Duration:||1 month (60hours)|
|Research Work:||10 Hours|
|Time Dedication:||2 hours (Includes assignments and Classes)|
|Batch size:||8 students|